Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Supercook or Superdork? How to cut 4 lbs of onions without crying


Alright, here it is, I've got to chop 4 pounds of onions. Why? Because I am a slave to my cravings for French Onion soup. In my sordid cooking past, I just suffered through tears streaming down my face, snotty nose and burning eyes. I tried wearing sunglasses, chewing gum, breathing through just my mouth as some people have prescribed. Cutting an onion under running water is a retarded idea; watch your flavour go down the drain too. Nothing worked, until, I whipped on the swimming goggles. Hooray, sulphur begone! I had minimal problems, besides them steaming up once in a while. I kind of like feeling like a dork.

Here's my solution, try it if you dare:


1. Use a sharp knife
2. Chop Fast! See video below...
3. Wear swimming or snorkeling goggles both for the entertainment of your guests and for the protection of your eyes.


Hung's how to Chop like a Chef... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwciXwM_5FA

No comments:

Post a Comment